"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones."
-Helena Rubinstein




19 January 2011

late fifties/early sixties dresses

Louis Vuitton Autumn/Fall 2010
(However,  I like this one for Spring.)
Right now, I'm in love with the full-skirted dresses of the late 1950s and early 1960s. I especially love how flattering they are. This pre-miniskirt dress is cinched at the waist and then bells out until just below the knee. I absolutely love the drama a full skirt adds to a dress, and I love the femininity that the curvy-ness adds. For thin girls looking to give the allusion of curves, this will definitely do the trick. Conversely, the full skirt of the dress can help girls whose upper thighs, lower tummy, and derrière are problem areas by skimming over them instead of clinging like a second skin. "Look to Louis Vuitton and Prada who both put ladylike full skirts on their runways for the Fall 2010 season, particularly in heavier fabrics like wool blends. For Spring 2011 look to bright, fresh colours ans pastels, and prints like florals or stripes," writes Tania Braukamper on Fashionising.com.
Louis Vuitton Autumn/Fall 2010

2 comments:

  1. the full skirt is one of my absolute favorite looks!!! its the girly girl in me.

    ps thank you for your comment on my blog, I am now following your blog and I hope you will follow mine and continue to comment if you see anything interesting. I will definitely continually comment on yours.

    xo,
    christina
    christinaandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's one of my favorites, too!
    Of course (: I'm following yours as well, and I will continue to comment on yours, too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete